Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Spring 2021 Intro to Me

 


Hi! My name is Ashley and this is my Dog, Diesel. I though you would appreciate his likeness more than mine. If you see him, then I'm probably not too far behind. 

This is my junior year and my first semester as an official fine arts major. I will probably seek out a job in graphic design/marketing of some sort. I am normally a lover of live music, but the pandemic has altered my ability and willingness to seek out such activities. I also like to hike. Since adopting Diesel I haven't been able to do much hiking because he's overweight with aggression problems, but we're working on it. This has been a year of adaptation. I still love listening to music at home, but the good people you meet on tour are missing from the equation. I also find ways of getting out with the dog and walking around the neighborhood while avoiding people. The trick is to do it at night. 

Last semester was my first Art History class. My favorite part of the class was learning about the landscape painters throughout Asia. I look forward to the many art works we will be exploring this semester.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I know how hard it's been getting back into the things you used to love with this pandemic in the way, hopefully we can all start trying to get back into the swing of things soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'd be quite fooled to think that the face in that picture has aggression problems. He is adorable, but I too know the issues surrounding a slightly aggressive dogs as I have a year old pup that thinks he's bigger than every other dog he meets. Its always a relief when we are able to get outside and hang with our pets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley, it looks like things came full circle for us, glad to still be continuing my college journey with you! Our conversations are always so perspective shifting and they help broadens my outlooks on certain things in life. Despite the pandemic, I hope to converse more like that with you!

    ReplyDelete

Pollock's Passion

Artist Jackson Pollock dribbling sand on painting while working in his studio - Photo by Martha Holmes image source                         ...